What you will do:
- Design, develop, code, test and debug primary flight control software.
- Collaborate with other teams to create simulation models of existing and new aerial systems and integrate them with existing flight control pipeline.
- Test simulation models in SITL and HITL environments
- Design and develop critical support software for flight operations.
- Support flight test operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Electrical/Aerospace engineering or other relevant discipline
- Hands-on experience applying classical or modern control theory to an autonomous system
- Experience implementing controls algorithms based on scientific publications
- Proficient in C/C++ and Python
- Excellent problem solving, teamwork and communication skills
- Strong analytical background
- Master’s degree in Computer Science/Electrical/Aerospace engineering or another relevant discipline
- 2+ years of professional experience with classical dynamics, modeling and simulation, and developing controls solutions in C++ and Python
- Published conference papers or journal articles on theoretical or applied controls
- Development experience in open-source flight control stacks like ArduPilot and PX4
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
- Experience with Git
Location: IIT Kanpur
Job Type: Full Time